BY MAKING A RESERVATION AT BEECH GROVE CABINS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
“Responsible Guest” shall be defined as the person whose credit card is on file, and who will be responsible for all costs incurred, including any incidentals. Responsible Guest agrees to abide by the Terms & Conditions at all times while at the property and shall ensure all members of the Responsible Guest’s party and anyone else Responsible Guest permits on the property to abide by the rules at all times.
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Early check-in may be available, but you MUST call ahead and get authorization to enter the cabin ahead of the scheduled check-in time. You will be notified of your door lock code to gain access to the cabin by email prior to your arrival.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. If you should anticipate needing a late check-out, please notify management as early as possible, as this is not always available. If an unauthorized late check-out occurs, the Responsible Guest will incur an additional fee of $25 for any portion of each 15-minute period past the posted check-out time. For example, if you should check-out late without prior authorization at 11:05 a.m. you will incur a charge of $25; past the 11:15 a.m. mark, you will be charged another $25, etc.
- This is just a reminder, that we are a small, family-run business with many check-outs and check-ins occurring on the same day. Please be considerate and understand our constraints.
Occupancy Limits/Additional Overnight Guests:
- There is a limit of four (4) people per cabin unless pre-approved by management, prior to your booking. A fee of $25.00 per approved additional guest, per night will be incurred.
- No additional bedding will be provided; however, an additional towel set will be provided for pre-approved additional guests.
- Parking is limited to two vehicles per cabin, and vehicles should park on designated parking pads only.
- At no point in time should anyone park on the road or in the grass.
- Management reserves the right to have all guests removed from the property with no refund, if it is found that more than the agreed upon number of occupants are residing in a cabin overnight.
- Lastly, if additional unauthorized guests are found to be staying in the cabin overnight, management also reserves the right to charge the Responsible Guest with a fee of up to $500 per guest.
Acts of Nature:
- We are not responsible for acts of nature, including loss of electricity, or internet, but refunds will be issued at the owner’s discretion.
- If concerned, we suggest considering traveler’s insurance for the duration of your stay.
- Smoking indoors on the property is strictly prohibited. This includes the use of e-cigarettes, vapes, pipes, etc for tobacco, weed, or any other substance inside cabin walls. Smoking by an open window, in the bathroom with the fan on, or by the kitchen exhaust are considered smoking indoors and are strictly prohibited.
- A minimum charge of $500.00 will be charged if smoking is detected in the cabin.
- Smoking is limited to outdoor spaces on the property.
- Smoking on the front porch is allowed; however, windows must be closed at all times to stop smoke from contaminating the cabin.
- Use of provided ashtrays to extinguish smoking materials is required.
- Littering, including remnants of cigarettes, cigars, etc is strictly prohibited.
- An additional charge of up to $50 may be incurred at management’s discretion for litter and excessive refuse.
- Use of illegal drugs of any kind, and/or underage drinking is not permitted on the property.
- Management reserves the right to have all guests removed from the property with no refund, if it is found that use of illegal drugs or underage drinking has occurred or is occurring.
- Legally possessed firearms should be secured in a gun safe, preferably in your locked vehicle, while on the property.
- Use of firearms on property or within county limits, in accordance with the state's Fish and Game Law, is strictly prohibited.
- Please have documents with you, if you choose to open carry.
- Quiet times are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. every day. Guests will refrain from excessive noise that disturbs neighboring cabins and local residents.
- Reasonable amounts, per reservation, of toilet paper, paper towels, soap, tissues, a scrubby sponge, trash bags, dishwashing liquid and dishwasher pods will be provided. Anything above and beyond what is initially provided is the responsibility of the guests.
Housekeeping Services: (please see Pet Policy for pet specific housekeeping/rules)
- There is no daily housekeeping service.
- Guests staying a week or longer can request fresh towels, after 4 days.
- Please notify management if anything should occur in the cabin that requires immediate attention. Spills, stains, and accidents happen. Notifying management early will help to mitigate damage and additional charges.
- Hidden or undisclosed items being damaged, broken, or stained are likely to lead to additional charges to the Responsible Guest.
- Please do not rinse pets or ski/snowboard/outdoor equipment inside the cabin. A hose is available outside of each cabin.
- Remove trash from kitchen and bathroom, and take it to the trash can located next to the parking pad, as needed. Do not leave trash bags, coolers, or pet food bowls on the porch as it may attract bears or raccoons. [For more information about black bears, read “Living with Black Bears in Virginia” in your information notebook.]
- Dishes should be rinsed and loaded in dishwasher.
- Please do not strip the beds or remake the beds.
- Towels should be hung on the towel bars, not piled on the floor or in the shower.
- Management reserves the right to access the cabin for purpose of repair and inspection at any time. Management shall exercise this right in a judicious manner.
- An inventory of the cabin is taken between each guest. If the cabin appears dirty or damaged upon check-in, Responsible Guest must inform management immediately.
- Removing items from the cabin is prohibited.
- Do not remove towels, blankets, or linens from the cabin.
- We suggest you bring a beach towel if you should require one for any outdoor activities.
- Provided towels should NEVER be used on pets. (Please see Pet Policy for more info.)
- If you anticipate sitting outside and needing a blanket, please bring one from home.
- Do not remove furniture from the cabins or cabin porches. At no point in time should these items leave the property.
- Chairs for the firepit are provided at the firepit site and should remain there.
- Responsible Guest assumes full responsibility for damages and /or missing items and will be charged accordingly at the owner’s discretion.
- DO NOT POUR GREASE DOWN THE DRAIN AT ANY TIME. Since the cabins are on a septic system, hardened grease can accumulate and cause the system to fail, clog or back up.
- DO NOT flush anything down the toilet but toilet paper. NO feminine products, condoms, personal wipes, diapers, tissues, etc.
- If it is found that items were flushed or poured that clog the system, a charge of $300.00 will be assessed.
- The property utilizes a septic system; therefore, flushing items other than toilet paper can be detrimental to the system.
- Please use the step stool located between the wall and the refrigerator to reach the pots on top of the hanging pot rack. Please note the weight limit is 225 lbs; use caution when utilizing the step stool.
- The gas stove (fireplace) located in the living room, is vented to the outside and operates using the on/off switch, located on the back of the stove on the right side. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE STOVE GETS HOT AND CAN BURN YOU. Take caution in turning the stove switch off. Be very cautious with small children and/or pets around the stove. Do not attempt to tamper with or adjust the stove. Fireplace is not operational between May 1st and October 1st.
- Do not build any open area fires on property; only use the designated fire pit. From February 15 – April 30, the fire pit (if available) shall be used only after 4 p.m. and no later than midnight, (keeping in mind quiet hours). This is the Virginia Burn Law. If wind is high at any time, do not use the fire pit. Fires should be monitored at all times and shall be extinguished before leaving the area. Make sure you know where the hose at each cabin is and where the on/off valve for the hose is before setting a fire in the fire pit. Small amounts of wood will be provided for fire pit.
- There is a fire extinguisher located underneath the kitchen sink, designed for grease, electrical and wood fires. Instructions are on the fire extinguisher. You should familiarize yourself with the basics of using a fire extinguisher.
- Please do not move or jump on the beds.
- It is important that you note the address of your cabin, which can be found in the cabin binder and in your “Welcome” email, in the event of a true emergency.
- Cell phone reception can be spotty, in the area.
- Each cabin has a smart tv with a blu-ray/DVD player. Bring your own movies or you can rent a movie from the Red Box in front of the Dollar General in Nellysford.
Lost and Found:
- Please triple check the property before departing, to make sure you haven’t left anything behind.
- All items found in cabins will be held at management’s discretion for 60 days.
- Guests can request the return of their items within the 60 days after they check out.
- Return of items will be at the guest’s expense.
- Payment for shipping can be paid via Zelle, cash or may be able to be charged to the account if final billing has not been completed.
Acknowledgement of Risks: Responsible Guest acknowledges that outdoor, mountain and camping activities and exposure to the natural elements can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury or death. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all contact with wildlife, vegetation, and the conditions and topography of the land. Responsible Guest accepts and assumes all the risk of injury, including death to him/herself and any risk/loss to his/her party whether such injury, death, or loss is foreseeable or unforeseeable and assumes all responsibility for the safety of minor children in the Responsible Guest's party.
- A deposit of 50% will be required at the time of booking the reservation.
- A $27.58 administrative fee will be incurred for all cancellations.
- In the event of a cancellation of a reservation over 30 calendar days from the check-in date, deposits will be refunded minus the $27.58 administrative fee.
- Deposits WILL NOT be refunded if cancellation occurs 30 days or less prior to the check-in date, unless the cabin can be re-booked for those dates.
- Cancellations occurring within 48 hours of the check-in time of 3 p.m. will be charged the full reservation amount and will not be refunded.
- If you are concerned, you should consider purchasing travel insurance through an independent agency.
Early Check-Outs/Transfers/Late Check-Ins:
- There will be no refunds for early check-outs. Additionally, unused days will not be transferred to future stays.
- Booking transfers are at the discretion of the owners.
- If you arrive late, there will be no refund for a missed night.
Applicable Law: This rental agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to any laws that might be applicable under principles between the parties regarding this agreement shall lie in the state courts in Nelson County, located in Lovingston, Virginia.
- Currently, there are three (3) cabins that are pet-friendly: Buffalo, Tye and Piney. The additional charge of $50.00(+ applicable taxes), will be added to your reservation and charged to the card on file if you bring a pet. There is a limit of two (2) pets of “reasonable” size. Please talk with management if you are bringing more than one pet or if you have concerns regarding our “reasonable” size statement.
- Pets should not move from cabin to cabin, regardless of whether you have paid the pet fee. The pet fee is only applicable to the Responsible Guest’s cabin.
- If you have friends staying in other cabins, the pet fee does not cover their cabin and they may be charged an additional cleaning fee or a fee for having an unauthorized pet.
- Note, the Rockfish Cabin is not pet friendly. Having a pet in the Rockfish at any point will incur a fee of a minimum of $150 to the Rockfish’s Responsible Guest.
- Pets must be vaccinated against rabies (have available a copy of the up-to-date vaccination).
- Please leave your pet at home if it has fleas, is not housebroken, does not potty outside (unless litter box trained), or if it tends to chew.
- Damages to cabins or flea/tick eradication will be charged to the Responsible Guest for a minimum fee of $300.00.
- Pet(s) are not allowed on the furniture or beds. A violation of this rule results in an extra cleaning fee after check-out; the Responsible Guest will be charged a minimum of $100.00.
- Please bring a bed, quilt, or blanket for your pet during your stay.
- Pet(s) must not be left alone in cabin unless restrained in a kennel (crate).
- Two large kennels are available for $25 (+ applicable taxes) per kennel, for the entirety of your stay with prior notice. We only have two and they will be first-come, first-served. Please plan ahead and reserve the kennel at the time of booking if possible. Kennels take time to set-up and deliver and we would appreciate at least 24 hours prior notice if possible.
- If your dog barks when left alone, please take your dog with you. Many breweries allow you to bring your pet if you are sitting outside. Please check with breweries/wineries before bringing your pet to verify their pet policy.
- At no point should a pet be left outside unattended while on the property.
- For the safety of the other guests, the pet(s) must always be leashed while walking on the grounds of Beech Grove Cabins.
- Vehicles utilize the driveway throughout the day and are not looking for/expecting loose pets.
- Responsible Guest will be held accountable for any issues that may arise due to an unleashed or unvaccinated pet.
- Guests are required to immediately clean up after their pet(s). Bag boxes are located on the parking pad poles at the Buffalo, Tye and Piney cabins. All waste bags should be put in the outside trash cans next to your parking pad light pole.
- As stated in the “Smoking/Drinking/Drugs/Littering” section of the Terms and Conditions, not picking up after your pets is considered excessive refuse and will be charged accordingly.
- Please do not allow your pet(s) to go into the cabin wet or dirty. You should plan on bringing towels for drying off your pet(s) in the event of a planned or unplanned swim at another area.
- Additionally, as noted in the “Housekeeping” section of the Terms and Conditions, pets may not be rinsed or washed inside the cabins. Please utilize the hose attached to the outside of your cabin and dry off completely before entering the cabin.
- Responsible Guest assumes all risk and liability for the pet(s).
BY MAKING A RESERVATION AT BEECH GROVE CABINS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
Terms & Conditions Updated 8/10/22 and are applicable to all bookings made after this date.